Hey girls, this is a super easy stir-fry dish that I LOVE!
What you'll need....
1 1/4 pounds boneless beef top round or top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick (I pretty much just by a thin cheap steak and cut it up.)
2 packages oriental-flavored ramen noodles, broken up
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
and pretty much any of your favorite vegies. I use...1 chopped onion, a couple of crowns of broccoli, 1 large green bell pepper, 1 large red bell pepper, and carrots, all chopped. (not too small)
It also says you can grate orange rind on top but I wasn't a fan of it!
How to make........
Cut beef into squares about the size if a square 50 cent piece ;) combine seasoning from 1/2 packet of ramen with cornstarch mixture in a bowl. Add beef and toss. (I usually will set in fridge and marinate for a couple of hours or even just while I'm preparing vegies.)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
Stir-fry vegies to your liking (I like mine pretty tender so it takes about 10-15 minutes)
Add broken up ramen noodles and pour 1 1/2 cups water into stir-fry.
Pour remaining ramen seasoning over stir-fry and stir.
Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until most liquis is absorbed and noodles are soft. Stirring occasionally.
Heat remaining oil in a separate frying pan (doesn't need to be huge)over medium-high heat.
Drain beef discarding marinade. Stir-fry beef until the outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook)
Serve beef over noodles and vegies and enjoy!!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment